Thursday, December 9, 2010

Freewheeling

Freewheeling

This week is very special for me. I reach a milestone that makes me very proud: twenty years of standing by the flag I am so proud of. Twenty years of playing tennis for my country. Twenty years of serving one billion people and striving to do my best for them. Wish me luck. Wish me happiness. Wish me health, so I can fly the tricolour for years to come!!

With the hectic ATP Tour I hardly get much of a chance to come to Calcutta (sorry, Kolkata).When I do come it is only for two days or three days. To meet old friends, my dad, my mom, my sister and her kids. I am planning a trip to the city where I grew up certainly this year. Maybe after the pujas. When I do come I do want to go over and meet Mamata di. In the early days of my career when I was still trying to establish myself she was very generous and used her good offices to help me in different ways. She never refused any request I made. Very kind of her. I wonder with her busy schedule whether she still gets time to follow sport. What I do know is that she as Railway Minister will certainly encourage sport.

I am happy that the new, improved website is being launched. Best of luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment